PE & Sports Funding
Curriculum focus of Sports Funding spending
At Easterside Academy we aim to develop an enjoyment of sport and physical activity, while promoting a healthy lifestyle in children from an early age.
Number of pupils and sport funding grant received
Total number of pupils on roll: 330
Total amount of Sports Funding Received: Approx £18,200
Proposed Nature of Spend 2018 – 19
- To continue membership of the Youth Sport Trust.
- To continue membership of the Middlesbrough Sport Alliance.
- To purchase new resources to enhance the curriculum and develop physical literacy.
- To work in partnership with Tees Valley Sport to ensure children are physically active throughout the school day.
- To develop teachers knowledge and confidence to use a range of resources to improve the quality of PE lessons.
- To invest in Get Set 4 PE resource tool to improve planning and assessment across PE.
- For teachers to access a wide range of CPD opportunities to improve the quality of teaching and aid good progress.
- KS1/2 teachers to work alongside a professional dance teacher for 7 sessions with their class.
- KS1 teachers to work alongside a multi skills coach for 6 sessions with their class.
- KS1/2 teachers to work alongside a gymnastics coach for 6 weeks.
- To develop links with five local clubs.
- Nursery staff and children to take part in Funky Feet once a week for 10 weeks.
- To employ coaches to increase levels of activity during lunch and play times.
- To ensure that at least 50% of children access an afterschool sport club weekly.
- For children to take part in Intra School sports half termly.
- To increase the number of pupils (KS1 and 2) attending level 2 competitions.
- To support transport and entrance to competitions locally.
- To achieve the Sainsbury’s School Games Gold Award.
- To embed the principles of the Sainsbury’s School Games in PE lessons.
- To develop the opportunities for PE within the wider school curriculum e.g. linking to topics.
- To participate in the Change 4 Life programme in order to promote a healthy lifestyle and encourage participation in sports and learning for life.