The Enquire Learning Trust
Easterside Academy opened on the 1st April 2014 as a converter academy. The predecessor school was Easterside Primary School. In September 2018, Easterside Academy joined ‘The Enquire Learning Trust’.
The Enquire Learning Trust (ELT):
- Works collaboratively with its other academies and the local schools.
- Shares its talent and best ideas with others through school to school activities.
- Has access to expertise in School Improvement, HR, Finance, ICT, Payroll, Estates and Special Educational Needs.
- Has a commitment to the local communities its Academies serve.
There are 29 schools within ELT and three hubs. One hub is in Manchester, another in Grimsby/Hull and the third in and around Teesside.
The other ELT schools within our hub are: Hardwick Green Academy (Stockton), Harrow Gate Academy (Stockton), Yarm Academy (Stockton), Stokesley Academy (North Yorkshire), Rose Berry Academy (Great Ayton – North Yorkshire), Rosewood Academy (Middlesbrough), East Whitby Academy (Whitby) and Stakesby Academy (Whitby).
Values and Ambitions
We believe that all learners can be powerful learners given access to extraordinary learning experiences. We want children and the academies they attend to be confident, successful and ambitious.
We envisage a Trust where well led, highly skilled and committed professionals collaborate, learn and innovate together to ensure that all academies are successful and where all learners have access to effective and innovative provision that meets their needs and aspirations.
We want to add value to achievement and raise standards. We also want to change lives. We know this requires our provision and our practice to be world class – because of the distance we have to travel, we understand that good will not be good enough and that we need to develop a shared appreciation of excellence and then strive to enact this every day.
We take learning seriously and work together to create a vibrant culture in which this can happen. We know that it’s what we do that counts and that our thinking must be visible in classrooms if it is to have leverage. Children are at the forefront of all that we do and aspire to do. We take serious steps to engage them, to hear their voice in authentic ways and then to use their insight and expertise to develop radical pedagogies that taps into their passions and interests and use the potential of emergent technologies.
- To establish a viable, sustainable and vibrant organisation that is well placed to offer excellent challenge and support to academies
- For every child in the Trust to attend an outstanding academy
- To ensure successful transition of academies into the Trust
- To establish a distinctive and effective model for improved of all academies within the Trust.
- To secure improved learning and outcomes for all children attending our academies.